Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It Sucked and then I Cried

Many bloggers get book deals, especially if they have great blogs. We recently had Jennette Fulda, who blogs at pastaqueen.com, speak for our Writers' Retreat, and she talked about how she got her book deal and how she set up her blog. Heather Armstrong is another one of these wonderful funny writers. Unlike Jennette's book, which is about how she lost weight, Heather's book is about how she had a baby and later developed postpartum depression. Heather blogs at dooce.com, which is one of the most popular personal blogs out there. Her book indicates why her blog is so popular--despite the serious topic, I laughed out loud a number of times and had to read passages out loud to my husband. At about 250 pages, I was able to read this book in a few hours. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon after I'd just biked 12 miles! The nice thing about books by bloggers is that you can subscribe to their RSS feeds after you've become a fan of their writing. I just subscribed to Heather's blog, and I look forward to reading more about her life and family.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Beth Hatch said...

I read passages outloud to my husband as well. I just couldn't keep some of them to myself! Laugh out Loud !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home