Saturday, February 28, 2009

A few light reads

~The "High Heels" series by Gemma Halliday - I'm loving this chick lit mystery series. I've read Spying in High Heels and Killer in High Heels, and I'm in the middle of Undercover in High Heels. The protagonist, Maddie, is just a little bit silly but also has a good head on her shoulders, and the cast of characters supporting her is funny but also realistic. I love Halliday's writing style and the suspenseful plots keep me turning the pages. Very similar to Julie Kenner's The Givenchy Code series, which I also loved.

~I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter - I listened to this young adult novel on CD, and at first I couldn't stand the narrator, but then I got used to her. Cammie Morgan is an ordinary girl, except for the fact that she goes to spy school instead of regular school. What will happen to her when she wants to date a "normal" boy from town? This is a series too, so I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home