Saturday, January 24, 2009

Domino: the book of decorating: a room-by-room guide to creating a home that makes you happy by Deborah Needleman

I look at a lot of decorating and gardening books and wouldn't normally blog them because I basically look at the pictures. However, I read this book straight through. I find beautiful rooms, gardens and architecture inspiring and at the same time relaxing to look at and read. Certainly, the way you chose to live says a lot about you. This book talks a lot about how you want the room to feel or how you want to feel in the room. There are specific examples of rooms and the people show what they already have and what they needed to purchase. These aren't particularly "rich" rooms with a piece of furniture that costs $10,000. There are many rentals (NYC) and real life homes. I can't wait to look up the many websites they list in the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home