Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just After Sunset: Stories

I admit that I have never read any of Stephen King's fiction until now. I guess I've either been too scared or not certain that his work would be as good as his nonfiction and essays (which I read in Entertainment Weekly). But the descriptions of the stories in Just After Sunset intrigued me, so I brought it home. I tore through the stories, finishing the book in two nights. I was deeply disturbed by one story in particular ("N"), which I'm still thinking about. I might have to go back and catch up on King's oeuvre, although I would imagine it's going to take a long time since he's so prolific.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Cari,
I just saw the movie Hearts of Atlantis based on the book by King. It is an excellent coming-of-age movie and I'd like to read the book.

Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home