Thursday, August 16, 2007

Watermelon

Of late, I have been reading the adventures of the Walsh sisters, written by Marian Keyes. The first book, Watermelon, follows the story of Claire Walsh. Claire had a happy marriage until her daughter was born and her husband left her on the same day. Distraught, she returns home to her crazy family, who nurtures her through the crisis. The plot is a little predictable (although it takes a few interesting twists) but Keyes had me laughing out loud throughout the book. I actually read the other titles out of order--the next one in the series is Rachel's Holiday (which I have not read yet), followed by Angels and Anybody Out There? (which I have read). So far, I have not been disappointed with any of Keyes's titles, so when I've finished this series, I plan to read her other stand-alone titles as well.

Interestingly, I have on my "to read" list a book with a very similar plot summary, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the two will be different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home