Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Marley and Me by John Grogan

Ok, so I'm a dog person. My family are dog people. We say things like "Look at Smithy. Isn't he the cutest?" I know, I know. But there is something about connecting with an animal that is, well, soulful.
Grogan has captured this connection charmingly in "Marley and Me." Marley, a blonde lab, has some issues, some behavior issues. He goes berserk during storms, which south Florida, his early home, has in plenty. He can be very destructive, chewing and scratching things up. He can also be very loving, sensitive and loyal. Marley's life spans the early years of Grogan's marriage, several moves and the birth and early childhood of his three children. He was never an easy dog but always devoted.
I listened to the audiobook nicely narrated by Johnny Heller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home