Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Being a popular book right now, I won't spoil any details. After reading "The Tenth Circle" and "My Sister's Keeper", I am becoming a fan of Jodi Picoult. "Nineteen Minutes" is about a high school student, Peter, who goes on a shooting spree at his high school and the ramifications it has not only on the students of the high school but parents and the local community as well. Jodi Picoult captures the dynamics of high school drama in a story that hits very close to home. Told in multi-narrative style, Picoult keeps you in suspense as you move forward and back through the story as she reveals more and more plot details. Honestly, I could not put this one down. I only found one minor kink in the nearly flawless delivery, which I know Picoult meant as a plot twist that failed. Despite the one flaw, however, this book is a great read and will keep you wanting more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home