Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You Suck

The title of this book pretty much conveys its overall tone. This tongue-in-cheek vampire tale by Christopher Moore is the sequel to Bloodsucking Fiends, which I reviewed last week. The sequel, the continuing story of vampire lovers Tommy and Jody, begins only hours after the latter book ends, yet the first book is set in the mid-nineties, and this one is set squarely in 2006, based on cultural references. I didn't find the book as "deep" as the first one, and I was a bit disappointed when the plot didn't wrap up as nicely as it could have (although there were some great moments, and the addition of an "emo" teenage character added a new dimension). I'm hoping there will be another one in the series, although I don't want to wait another ten years for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home