Friday, February 16, 2007

Babyville

I listened to this one by Jane Green on a long drive. The first three discs, which I listened to on the first leg of my trip, dragged a little. Green's books are usually pretty character-driven, and she usually hammers out the back story for each character. But once I got to the fourth disc, the book moved along swimmingly. Green did something I didn't expect: she wrote each portion of the book, three portions total, from the point of view of a different character. Since the characters' lives are intertwined, you find out what happens to the others through the eyes of the current point of view character. This may sound a little confusing, but trust me, it worked. The narration by Kate Reading was very good as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home