Monday, January 08, 2007

Tulle Little, Tulle Late

I am a big reader of "chick lit." These novels tend to be slightly formulaic, but they're usually funny and escapist. This one threw me for a loop. The author, Kimberly Llewellyn, has a sharp, satiric voice, and the main character, Nina, is extremely likable. Some of Nina's actions are a bit shocking and unbelievable, and I almost put the book down midway through. The beginning hooked me right away, but during the middle chapters I wasn't sure where the author was going with the story. I'm glad I stuck with it, though, because the ending wrapped everything up neatly. Overall, this book was like cotton candy--while it had the potential to make me sick, in small doses, it was fluffy and pleasant.

1 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Kimberly Llewellyn said...

Cari, your email had me laughing so hard. I'm so glad you didn't give up on the character, Nina, and didn't put the book down halfway through. I hope you found the story funny. Nina really did go on a roller coaster ride! And yes, it was over the top. As a writer, I threw everything but the kitchen sink at you, but hopefully Dante was a fun hero! I'm really glad you didn't get sick, though! I'm so glad you read it. I hope you take a chance on the Quest for the Holy Veil in March. Let me know what you think. It's a little less cotton candy and a little more elephant dung..but you'll know what I mean when you read it! LOL! All my best! --Kimberly www.kimberlyllewellyn.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home