Monday, December 04, 2006

Nearlyweds

As I'm getting married in July, the title Nearlyweds by Beth Kendrick appealed to me in particular. I have read several other "chick lit" titles by this author, and I have always found them funny. Nearlyweds is about three young women who've just gotten married, and each of them have a significant problem in their relationships with their husbands. When they find out their pastor has died and none of their marriage licenses have actually been signed, they each have to decide if they'll do it all over again. Like her other novels, this one wasn't especially deep, but I do think Kendrick is getting better and better as a writer. There are some interesting issues raised about relationships, though, and it's a fun little escape from reality. I'd recommend it for a lazy Saturday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home