Tuesday, November 24, 2009

True Evil

I started listening to Greg Iles on the recommendation of a librarian from Shaker Heights. I listened to Turning Angel, and I loved the way Iles told a story. Even though it was graphic and the subject matter wasn't my favorite, Iles's mastery of the language and his ability to build a compelling plot led me to pick up True Evil. I loved this audiobook; it was suspenseful, the characters were strong, and the plot had a medical element that kept me on the edge of my seat.
I find medical and legal thrillers interesting because there are so many twists and turns that are dictated by powers beyond the characters' control. Special Agent Alexandra Morse visits Dr. Chris Shepard at his office, pretending to be a patient, but she is really investigating a series of mysterious deaths. Chris is next on the list. Like all of Iles's books, the story takes place in the evocative setting of Natchez, Mississippi. I can't say much more without revealing too much, so go and enjoy True Evil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home