Thursday, May 29, 2008

Half-Assed: A Weight-Loss Memoir

Jennette Fulda, who writes the blog Half of Me, presents this candid memoir of going from 372 pounds and morbidly obese to 160 pounds and fit. I loved this book from the first page. I picked it up because I was curious about how someone could lose so much weight simply through diet and exercise. But this is not a how-to book. Fulda admits that the way she did it isn't going to be the same way anyone else does it. Rather, she explores her psyche throughout the weight loss, expounds on the role of her blog in the process, and talks about the joy she found in learning to cook healthily and exercising. She's an inspiration not because of what she could potentially tell others to do, but because she has told us what she did--she took responsibility for her own health, and doing it made her feel good. It's an honest, true reason. This book made me feel good about myself, and it made me want to cheer Fulda on in her future efforts. I'm subscribing to her blog for more!

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Jennette Fulda said...

Thanks, Cari! I'm glad you liked the book and I hope to see you on the blog. PS - I got your email and will respond soon. I'm bogged down in email right now and being a rather half-assed correspondent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home