Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Killer's Wife

I attended a library conference last October where a publisher's representative touted this as one of the new hot books of the spring, so I was looking forward to it. The main character is Leigh Wren, the wife of a man who had killed a number of people around the country when he was on business trips. Since then, she has changed her name and moved away, trying to restart her life with her son, but now, a copycat killer has appeared, and her identity is revealed to her new hometown. At first I had a hard time getting into the story, but I quickly warmed to Leigh's voice (written by Bill Floyd, a man, which is always a small feat). This title was a suspenseful page-turner with a satisfying ending. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes thrillers with well-developed characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home