Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Maybe you heard that the last Harry Potter book was just released; I think it was on a news program somewhere.
Anyway, I had to hurry and read it, since librarians are in a high-risk environment for ending-spoilers. After all the hype, worry over characters' fates, and general eager anticipation, I have to say it was all well worth it. The book ties everything together in a series that has been intimately planned from the opening sentences of volume one. I had feared that the end would, after all the success of the series, feel manufactured and tacked on. Instead, the book leaves with the sense things couldn't have gone any other way.
Personally, I'd be surprised if, in 30 years, people didn't speak of the Harry Potter series in the same context as the Chronicles of Narnia and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's an immediate classic.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Beth Hatch said...

Thank you for not spoiling the ending! I can't wait to read it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home